Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Different Kind of Fasting

Fasting is hard enough when you choose it yourself, but when it is "forced" upon you...

This year will be hard for me. I am blessed with two best friends, sisters of my heart, who have both entered religious communities (different ones mind you). One is in her second year of Novitiate and will, God-willing, make first vows in August of this year.

The other just entered the Novitiate with her order and has entered into the "Mail Fast," as I call it. She is able to read my letters only at Easter and Christmas and write to me at those times.

This is tough. There is so much that I wish to share with her! I write letters often, but it's hard without getting a response. There are other friends to share with and spend time with, but it isn't the same as with my two best friends.

I avail myself to Our Lord and His Blessed Mother to unite us in the Eucharist and bring peace to our hearts however far apart they be.

No comments: