Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Consumed

Little one is being somewhat quiet with her papa...this has been a very comsuming week with her. She has only been quiet when I've been holding her, nursing her, walking with her...basically she has to have some sort of physical connection to me to be content. I can't lay her down for her naps in the co-sleeper. She'll fuss until I lay down with her in the bed. She sleeps with a hand wrapped into my shirt as if to say, "Mama, you can't leave me!" If I try to inch away for a moment to eat or use the restroom, the wails begin. I haven't been able to keep up with anybody's blogs. I hope that in the near future I will be able to, but that's all I have right now is hope. That and blurry eyes from lack of sleep.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Greta is quite similar. She won't sleep during the day unless I am holding her, but that does allow me to take a nap too :). So I hold her. Luckily she does allow me to put her in her crib at night. I'm not sure what the difference between night and day is to her, but for some reason she allows me to put her down at night. I wish I could say that she will outgrow it, but at 3.5 months Greta is still that way, I guess eventually she will outgrow it, but who knows when. I've gotten quite good at using the computer and holding a baby.

E said...

what an honor to be so needed by your little one! and what a blessing for you to give yourself to her as a gift!

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Don't even think of using the bathroom alone for years! lol Enjoy!

antonia said...

I used to be exactly the same with my parents; I clung to my mum for about 2 years and always wanted to be in *her* arms only! In fact when I was about a year olde my mum used to go on walks around the block with her friends after I went to bed, and my parents had a special signal so she knew when to come home asap; that my dad would put the porch light on if I woke up because i could only be consoled by her!!

but it must also be a nice feeling that you baby is so content in your arms!
xxx