Monday, September 8, 2008

What a Morning!

A little rough this morning around our house...

1) DH has classes this weekend so he is staying up late working on papers which means I have her Pearl-ness on my own through the wee hours.

2) Awoke to afore-mentioned ravenous child who nursed side to side for two hours.

3) Went to put the chicken in the crockpot but realized that the bag of gizzards inside the bird were still frozen to the sides...so had to put that on hold till fully defrosted.

4) Putting away dishes with fussy child in sling when cutting board knocks over soap bottle which hits glass in the sink which shatters.

5) Fussy child wants desperately to sleep but won't settle down and my arms begin to wear out.

Pray for the graces necessary...child falls asleep and I take a quick shower before the fussiness begins again. Thank you Lord for those 10 minutes!

4 weeks old



3 comments:

Kim said...

*hugs* She's precious! But I'm sure you knew that already. ;)

When Elise gets particularly fussy and she's full, dry, and not gassy; we swaddle her. She hated it at birth but since has really enjoyed it - it usually conks her out (sometimes we need some white noise to help her snooze).

Slightly OT: have you noticed that when you get like, an insanely small amount of time, how much you can get done? I managed to get a load of laundry in, shower (long shower including leg-shaving, nail clipping, lotion applying), and did the dishes in like, 30 minutes. Before Elise arrived, I would have declared it impossible to do that in half an hour. :)

Colleen said...

One of the best gifts I received when I was a new mother? A friend brought lunch for me and HELD THE BABY while I ate. I've never forgotten that day.

The most well-received gift I've ever given? When a friend had her first child, I brought over dinner and innocently offered to hold the baby so she could take a shower. I've never seen such a happy response to such a simple suggestion.

Hang in there, it gets easier. You're doing such important work! Lucky Maggie.

Kathy said...

Your daughter is adorable!! I'm so jealous (but in a good way)! Check out my blog where I've given you a "blog award." :) God bless!!!