Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Yesterday was a slow cooker kind of day. Chicken Tortilla Soup was called for and the ingredients were ready at hand. Mind you, I didn't have a recipe, this is just what developed.

2 Chicken breasts, sliced tenderloin sized pieces.
one green pepper, diced
half an onion, diced
one can of corn, drained
one can of black beans, rinsed and drained
however much chili powder looks good, to taste
chicken stock as needed to fill crock pot.
Salsa as desired
Taco Bell Hot Sauce Packets (I used three)

I put it all in on low for 6 hours. I did shred the chicken once cooked and topped each bowl with cheese and tortilla pieces. I hate when you get all the crumbly chip pieces at the bottom of a bag. This was a great way to use them up. Sooo good!

No comments: