Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

It amazes me sometimes in the differences between us...my husband and I.

He is a hands on learner and very kinesthetic. I, on the other hand, learn by reading and watching. I am also very aware of personal space.

My own.

I have to make a conscious effort to be more aware of his need for physical touch as a form of communication. I also have to tell him when I really do need some space.

For example, during a "discussion" I like to have a few feet so I can look at him and use my hands to talk.

I also can't handle the close proximity in my sleep. While he thinks I am his personal teddy bear to cuddle up to, I push him away. Why?

1) He's heavy (I don't like feeling like I'm being smothered in my sleep)
2) He's hot (I have to sleep with just a sheet and no cover because it gets too warm)
3) I toss and turn and need space to do so

Now while, this may seem all well and good and something I can get away with communicate a need for. This does not seem to be working so well with the little one.

She takes after her papa BIG TIME.

During our afternoon nap or easing into bedtime, we lay down to nurse down to sleep. She pulls herself to me real close, throws one leg over the top of mine, and after patting me gently on the chest wraps her two hands around mine and snuggles in for sleep.

I have to say, I kinda like it...but don't tell.

No comments: