Monday, May 25, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ...The day dawns with the promise of a fresh start.

***

I am listening to...The computer humming.

***

To Live the Liturgy...I'm coming up with a daily rhythm that includes the Mass readings for the day. It is difficult to get to daily Mass with a little one who has a nap routine that falls right during Mass time. So maybe while she naps, I'll get my meditation in?!

***

To be Fit and Happy...Been better about getting cardio in our day despite the rains we've had this past week. On the agenda--> longer walks in the jogging stroller and continue with my "Ab attack" workout video. I do feel more energized after doing both.

***

I am thankful for...my mama coming to visit this weekend. We had a lovely time and she was reveling in Pearl-ness.

***


From the kitchen ...We are having a baking day this week to get some blueberry muffins made and some other treats for DH. He complained about having ice cream for dessert, so time to branch out a bit.

***

I am wearing ...my favorite pink button down oxford shirt and a teal sarong. Doesn't match, but the other two aren't up yet:)

***

I am creating ...motivational speeches for myself. It's been one of those months where I have been (justly) critical of myself. And now that I'm done wallowing in self-pity and how could you's, I am resolving to do better!!

***

I am reading...several books from the library about financial management and other assorted topics.

***

I am hoping and praying ...that we hear from the bank soon so we can begin the search for our NEW HOME! Hurray!

***

On Keeping Home ... yeah *le sigh* I wish I was better as a homemaker. I know that I am a work in progress. This week's tasks are relegated to DH's office and some serious overhauling of our filing cabinet.

***

One of my favorite things ...long flowy skirts. Very "bohemian" and ever so comfortable. Perfect for summer.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Catch up on letter writing to the sisters, filing overhaul, house errands (grocery, etc.), attend friends wedding this weekend--DH is one of their groomsmen, prepare for marriage seminar that we will facilitate in just two short weeks.

***

Picture thought:



No comments: