Monday, November 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ...the sun is beginning to rise; albeit, it looks a little cloudy.

***

I am listening to...silence. Just got up for Pearl's early nursing and then put her back down. Hopefully she'll sleep for a little while longer.

***

To Live the Liturgy...Today we are praying for All Souls; special prayers and perhaps a treat. Treats are still hard to plan since Pearl is still a toddler and taking in mind her food allergies.

***

To be Fit and Happy...Hopefully we will make a play group this week. They are walking a nature trail near here. I want to take our jogging stoller and get some exercise while still being able to visit and let Pearl play with the other littles.

***

I am thankful for...the knowledge that teething will soon be over. Pearl is cutting two canines and two molars right now...all at the same time.

***


From the kitchen ...I hate shopping on Sunday, but yesterday was desperate. So we trooped to the store to stock up since five weeks in October depleted us.

Monday: Grilled Chicken, Rice Pilaf, Asparagus, and Apple Crisp
Tuesday: Zucchini Pasta Alfredo (sans sauce for Pearl)
Wednesday: Taco Night
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Split Pea Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Saturday: Something in the slow cooker; still deciding, but family will be in town.
Sunday: attending a family wedding (I know, weird that it's on a Sunday)


***

I am wearing...denim skirt and a green polo shirt

***

I am creating ...Christmas Lists. So far, I have finished about half of what I hope to do. A few more presents to put together and then I need to start our Christmas letter. We did a picture this year so the letter will be tucked in with that.

***

I am reading...Nothing at the moment. I NEED to be working on the Campus Ministry Newsletter. So better hurry this up and move on to that.

***

I am hoping for...relief for Pearl and the teething this week. Last week was extremely tough on her (and us). Also hoping that I will get the time needed to finish up the newsletter.

***

On Keeping Home ... I'm so happy with how I've been able to maintain our home lately. The file box from S.H.E.'s has been very good for me. Some things are already habits and others, it's nice to have a reminder card:)

***

One of my favorite things ... Finding something at the Goodwill for an amazing price. I stopped by the other day and came across little brown suede shoes in Pearl's size; little scuff on the toe but absolutely no wear on the tread. Brand name; probably over $20 retail. I paid $1.99! I normally don't like to purchase shoes used, but these looked as if they were barely touched.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Taking some items to the consignment shop and also looking for a snow suit for Pearl (we have a trip North in a few months), nature trail play date, finish up the Campus Ministry Newsletter, lunch date with a friend, and prepare for family in town for DH's cousin's wedding.

***

A Picture Thought: Pearl as a Cowgirl. We decided last minute to attend a party, so it was scrounge around the house for costume ideas. This time we all matched: Pearl was the cowgirl, DH was the bull, and I was the rodeo clown. No pictures of the grown-ups though:)




No comments: