Monday, December 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ...still quite dark. Cool, but still not cold.

***

I am listening to...the water heater making some really funny noises. Reminds me to ask DH to look at it again.

***

To Live the Liturgy...We will be attending Mass this Tuesday for the Immaculate Conception--Holy Day of Obligation. Also celebrating the Feast of OL Guadalupe this upcoming Saturday. Holy Heroes is also a great resource for celebrating Advent. Pearl is still too young for most activities, but this is super awesome!

***

To be Fit and Happy...A playdate later this week at the park. Supposed to be a bit rainy throughout the week, so our walks might get curtailed some.

***

I am thankful for...the grace to embrace each moment.

***


From the kitchen ...I came across Elizabeth's three week menu and it gave me some food for thought. We are trying to put a three week rotating menu in place, with leeway for feastdays, etc.

Monday: slow cooked pork chops, sauteed carrotts, rice, salad and rolls
Tuesday: Tamale Pie with Salad
Wednesday: Flank Steak, Baked Potatoes and Salad
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday:Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Maple Glaze Brussel Sprouts
Saturday: Tacos, Whipped Beans and Spanish Rice
Sunday: Pot Roast with Root veggies, Salad and Apple Crisp


***

I am wearing...still in my pj's right now, but soon to check the weather forecast and decide based on chance of rain.

***

I am creating ...my grocery list. After breakfast, Pearl and I will be heading out to do the marketing.

***

I am reading...Just finished two books by Georgette Heyer after coming across a suggestion. But I can't remember for the life of me who suggested her!

***

I am hoping for...the motivation to clean my oven this week.

***

On Keeping Home ... Lots of tidying and decluttering. As we work on Christmas projects I'm noticing that space is a little tight. So plans for this week and next is to really put the house in order before Christmas. We will have guests the week after Christmas and by working on things now, my sanity will be much better later.

***

One of my favorite things ... eating breakfast as a family. It's rare since DH generally goes to bed later than us two and wakes later. We've normally already eaten. However, we were able to do so yesterday after Mass. It was so nice!

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Grocery shopping, Meeting this afternoon, Post Office, Playdate, Our Church's mommies group, Diocesan Meeting, Mass, celebrating the Feast of OL Guadalupe.

***

A Picture Thought I'm Sharing:

Two peas in a pod






No comments: