Monday, January 11, 2010

My New Year "Revolutions."

(Our pastor called Resolutions "Revolutions")

These are my goals for this year of 2010. I'm writing them here to help keep me accountable and perhaps y'all will pray for me too?

1. Physical
-utilize workout videos three times a week
-take more walks with Pearl in her jogging stroller during fine weather
-research how to include more natural and organic foods in our diet without breaking the bank.

2. Finances
-stick to our monthly budget
-sell condo. and buy a house
-continue with retirement savings and other goals as per financial planner
-continue to pay off truck in timely manner (last debt)

3. Spiritual
-Lectio Divina Daily
-pick appropriate books and blogs for nourishment
-add more daily Mass into our week
-research retreats for DH and I to attend once a year

4. Pearl
-more signing time
-one playdate or park time a week
-keep to wheat-free diet, look into reintroducing dairy as per Dr's timeline.

5. Home
-maintain cleaning rhythm, continue to streamline
-decluttering takes on new focus with sale of condo. and purchase of home anticipated for this summer.

6. Other
-plan better Date Nights with DH; need some fresh ideas
-wanting to be a better friend; be more available for relationships; affirming the need for solid womanly relationships and support in my life.

Also thinking about what Rachel's post at Faith and Family Live: What's the Word?, I keep coming back to two words:

Joy and Anew

Joy because it's what I want for myself everyday. I strive to be joyful. As someone who tends to dwell on things and leans more towards thinking the worst...(Gosh, I hate that), I need more joy in my life. I need to BE joy in my life. I want to be joy for others; I want to be joy for God.

Anew... I don't know what not just New... but I like what I see at Dictionary.com

1. over again; again; once more: to play the tune anew.
2. in a new form or manner: to write the story anew.


In a new way. Definitely. I see change as a good thing. It's hard and it hurts, but dear Lord transform my heart; make it ever anew, so it longs more fully for yours.

No comments: