Monday, January 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ...Very rainy morning so far. Line of red just passed over us, but no tornado warnings, so that's good.

***

I am listening to...the rain dripping outside. But that's it, the others are still asleep.

***

To Live the Liturgy...Daily Mass on Wednesday, thinking of how to celebrate some feast days this week. I really need to start a folder with different ideas for feast days and organize them by month. Might make it easier for me to plan.

***

To be Fit and Happy...Hopefully some good walk time in, dependent on the weather. I also found a fun workout via Instant Watch on Netflix I think I'll be doing. A Burn and Firm Pilates. More low-impact, but it definitely got my heart rate up.

***

I am thankful for...the opportunity to go to Confession this weekend. God's grace is so Good!

***


From the kitchen ... Getting back into menu planning. I need to revise some menus for us and then just get on it! So that's one of my main projects this week. Tonight I do plan on making chicken with a new recipe. "Slow Cooked Chicken in an Orange Sauce." (I have some orange marmalade to use)


***

I am wearing...still in my pj's right now, but once the others awake it's time to get dressed and begin our day.

***

I am creating ...new rhythms in the New Year. Isn't that exciting?!

***

I am reading...Chosen and Cherished by Kimberly Hahn and Grace Cafe by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle. I also picked up a few books from the library, one being Live Rich on Less by Ellie Kay; I've enjoyed her other books and saw this one available. Love that she puts a lot of focus on sharing with others and tithing. Excellent!

***

I am hoping for...some fresh ideas or the time needed to brainstorn.

***

On Keeping Home ... New rhythms to put into effect. Excited to really enter these next couple of months with specific de-cluttering on my mind as we hope to move this spring/summer.

***

One of my favorite things ... watching football with my husband. We enjoy sports so much and it's awesome to be able to share that.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

A park date later this week, some walk time with a friend, Storytime at the Library (Pearl is loving these), meeting with our Parish staff, serious planning/project time.

***


No comments: