Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Supplementals

I'm entering into a new realm of vitamins and the help they can provide. For the past several years, I've recognized that despite eating healthy I still need supplemental support.

I'm currently exploring a few new options for vitamins, ones that target hormonal support in particular.

I'm slightly imbalanced (haha) with the hormones and have known that this as well as a few other issues lead to us having difficulty conceiving previously. We are praying for the gift of more children for our family, and I hope that by addressing the need for better supplements, that I can get my body back to where it needs to be. Because of the imbalance, I suffer from mood swings at certain times of the cycle. Unfortunately this can lead into borderline depression. I DON'T want to go there.

I came across a great resource, Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition by Marilyn Shannon.

Reading this book, both her previous work and this 4th edition, really assured me that I wasn't crazy (well...) and that the symptoms I experience can be addressed by proper nutritional care.

Our doctor is trained in the Creighton Method of Natural Family Planning and really understands our beliefs. He has provided great support in the past and I'm confident that he will continue to help guide us.

Thank you for your prayers.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Praying for you! What a blessing your Doctor is Creighton trained ... all our doctors have been supportive of NFP but aren't trained in it. Some day, that may change.

I hope you can get into a good balance. :)

Lucy said...

I have heard so many great things about that book! Hope a new baby comes along soon.

antonia said...

heya!
I have that book too; I found it kinda helpful. I also bought the multivitamins she recommends

hope it helps

God bless
xxx

Catherine said...

I am being trained to be a Creighton doctor. :) I have heard good things about that book too.