Friday, February 5, 2010

7 Quick Takes

1. Dr's Appts. went well yesterday. Pearl is right at the 50th percentile for height and weight. Still has low iron so we'll go back on the iron drops. Amazing to me since that girl loves her meat. We were also given the go ahead to start to re-introduce dairy slowly. Start with yogurt, then cheese and finally milk. Exciting and I hope she does well.

2. Also followed Pearl with an appt. for myself. Dr. and I went over medications, looked at charts, and came up with some ideas to improve our fertility. Basically one of my allergy medications is causing some havoc to my system. So we're going to try a different allergy medicine. I'm a little nervous to switch (as the last time I messed with meds, I ended up with two brain surgeries). I'm trying to think happy thoughts....about babies.

3. This weekend we are going to look at a few houses and thus begins our house hunting journey. I'm super excited and just praying that the Lord's will be done and everything will fall into place as He leads us where he wants us to be.

4. I am helping our young fried out who just received custody of her cousins on Sunday by watching them for a few hours so she can get some studying in. I'm trying to think of some new ideas for playtime. They are 2,4,and 6. Any thoughts?

5. SuperBowl is Sunday night. Our team didn't do so well this year, and I don't know who to cheer for. I sort of feel obligated to cheer for the Saints (they are closer to us in proximity, New orleans is traditionally a Catholic city, they are called the Saints, etc.); however, I don't like the way they play. Just a little too dirty. Drew Brees is a great quarterback. Check out his accuracy. But I've always had a soft spot for Peyton Manning. Used to watch him play at Tennessee. Should be a fun game since I'm not too invested in it.

6. We are going to hang out with some friends for the game until Pearl decides she's had enough.

7. I'm thinking of making a few treats for the game, but need to get some ideas together. Hmm...

No comments: