Monday, February 1, 2010

Another Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ...I can hear the cranes twittering. Expecting rain later today, so errands are on the AM agenda.

***

I am listening to...well, besides those cranes...nothing.

***

To Live the Liturgy...Daily Mass on Wednesday, thinking of how to celebrate some feast days this week. I really need to start a folder with different ideas for feast days and organize them by month. Might make it easier for me to plan.

***

To be Fit and Happy...We have some park time planned for this week. One park is in a neighborhood nearby and we have a friend who lives there so we've been meeting up and letting the kiddo's play. Rather, letting Pearl play and her little guy watch (he's still too little)

***

I am thankful for...that Pearl ate some pork chop last night. She was on a meat strike for awhile.

***


From the kitchen ...

Monday: Beef Stew, Salad, and Biscuits
Tuesday: Mass and Meal with the students; dinner is "Mardi Gras" themed. (I'm bringing cheese grits and fried okra)
Wednesday: Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, and Glazed Carrots
Thursday: Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Friday: Vegetarian Red Beans and Rice, Green Salad, and Fruit Salad


***

I am wearing...still in my pj's right now, but once the others awake it's time to get dressed and begin our day.

***

I am creating ...a driving route for today.

***

I am reading...Chosen and Cherished by Kimberly Hahn and Grace Cafe by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle. I also picked up a few books from the library, one being Confessions of an Suburban Homesteader.

***

I am hoping for...no more bruises for Pearl this week.

***

On Keeping Home ... New rhythms to put into effect. Excited to really enter these next couple of months with specific de-cluttering on my mind as we hope to move this spring/summer.

***

One of my favorite things ... getting up a little earlier than the others and getting my game plan together for the day.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

A park date later this week, some walk time with a friend, Storytime at the Library (Pearl is loving these), Dr's visits for all of us, Making meals for the Campus Ministry x 2, helping a friend this weekend by watching her kiddos, serious planning/project time.

***

A photo I'm sharing:

(Need to get some more pictures taken!)

No comments: