Monday, April 5, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ... Sunny without a cloud in sight. High today is 85. Please pass the sunscreen!

***

I am listening to... DH on a conference call in the back room. Pearl is currently napping. I hope to take a breather with my eyes closed shortly.

***



To Live the Liturgy...Living the Easter Season! We'll head to Mass this Wednesday and continue the feasting:)

***

To be Fit and Happy...Lots of walks starting this afternoon. We live within walking distance of both a Walgreens and a CVS. My plan is to hit both this afternoon with Pearl in the jogging stroller. We get a good walk in, she gets to point out all she sees, and hopefully we'll get some toiletries for cheap!

***



I am thankful for...such a wonderful Easter Sunday! We celebrated at Mass in the AM and then had a lovely lunch with dear friends.

***




From the kitchen ... Definitely feasting. We'll have a few dishes to use up some leftover ham, but lots of treats around our house.


***

I am wearing...Bermuda shorts, navy polo shirt, tennies, and sunscreen.

***

I am creating ...new layout of furniture in our living room. We moved things around to accomodate all our guests yesterday, but I'm liking this new setup.

***

I am reading... I'm not sure actually. I need to get my book pile together and pick through what really interests me right now.

***

I am hoping for...that we hear back this week from the Insurance Company regarding our water leak. We had the drywall repaired, but our floors are in dire need of some renovation.(Hasn't changed from last week)

***

On Keeping Home...I pulled out some pretty spring dishes from our China cabinet that were given to us for our wedding. I'm sad to say that I haven't really used them. But I think they're lovely and about to get used and enjoyed!

***

One of my favorite things ... My Christmas Present from my in-laws. These meditations are seriously rocking my world! Definitely worth starting a collection.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Library trip, Post Office, Park time, visiting some friends in the country, regular weekly errands, and continuing our home renovations.

(This is the new sink and countertop we've put in. We have some new towel rods to put in, but I'm hoping this weekend will lend itself to DH fixing part of the wall by the shower and then us working together to re-paint the bathroom. Last up is to re-do the floors with new tile.)


No comments: