Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ...We've entered into the "rainy afternoon" summer season.

***

I am listening to... traffic outside.

***

To Live the Liturgy...Daily Mass on Wednesday with our Parish. I'm also starting my Feast Day Files with activities, meal ideas, etc. Mostly taken from Catholic Cuisine, but a few other sites as well.

***

To be Fit and Happy...I've been getting some walking in with Pearl in the mornings. I also need to figure out a schedule with DH so he can watch her while I use the elliptical machine.

***

I am thankful for...Grace. I know it is being showered down us as DH still struggles with his neck injury.

***

From the kitchen ...Trying to finish up some leftovers and keep the fridge at a minimum. I think I'll only need some essentials at the store later this week.


***

I am wearing...still in my PJ's:)

***

I am creating ...curricula plans for Pearl! I can't wait till this is all planned and put together. We will be starting in August when she turns two with some themes, concepts and lots of hands on play.

***

I am reading... God Never Blinks by Regina Brett.

***

I am pondering...how to create more order in my home. Specifically more de-cluttering. I realize that I am a very visual person and if thinks look nice and tidy I tend to be more peaceful throughout the day.

***

I am hoping for...a response from our cabinet man. We need one last quote and then I think we're good to go.

***

On Keeping Home... I've found a new hot spot. The ledge between the kitchen and dining space is my catch all. Time to get that under control.

***

One of my favorite things ...Watching Pearl play with the grands. We visited them this weekend spur of the moment so DH could use their spa for his neck. He seemed to feel better afterwards and Pearl had a blast playing with them!

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Playdate with a friend on Thursday, walking with a buddy on Wednesday, Library Run, Mass on Wednesday with the Parish, Pool time, starting to sort items for an upcoming trip.

***

A picture thought I am sharing:

Don't know if you can see them, but Pearl has taken a liking to the Holy Family statues from our nativity. They are plastic so I don't mind her playing with them. It's very sweet. She just started putting them on her fingers like puppets. When she does I make voices for them. She thinks it's hysterical.




No comments: