Monday, October 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ... Sunny day in the low 80's; much more comfortable than the 90's as of late.

***

I am listening to...banking automated message while I check on a few things.

***

To Live the Liturgy...Today is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi,a favorite feast, since I am an alumna of a Franciscan school. It is also Pearl's baptismal anniversary. Wahoo!

***

To be Fit and Happy...Lots of walks as the weather cools down and playtime at the park.

***

I am thankful for...each day. Putting up joyful reminders to make me smile and slow down. I can get caught up and not remember to enjoy every moment.

***

From the kitchen ... lots of protein/carb combo's for slow and low energy. Tonight I'm using leftover spaghetti noodles to make "short-cut" Chicken Parmesan. Top leftover noodles with baked chicken patty, marinara sauce and mozzarella.

***

I am wearing...Brown capri's and a turquoise polo.

***

I am creating ...Fall plans. How to celebrate the liturgical year, autumn traditions, family visits, etc.

***

I am reading...Books from the library about Green Living.
***

I am pondering...what changes we can make to our lifestyle to be better stewards of our "time, talent, and treasure."

***

I am hoping for...some tomatoes soon from the new plant we started for the Fall.

***

On Keeping Home...Daily maintenance to clean up all the Love Bugs that make their way in.

***

One of my favorite things ...Fall menu's. I'm looking at ideas for baked goodies to share with friends, stews, casseroles, soups, crusty bread....oh yes.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Library Storytime, Playdate at the Park with our church group, possibly a kindermusik excursion with friends, cooking for Men's Group, visiting with friends, helping DH prepare for College Student retreat (he's a speaker).

A Picture Thought I'm Sharing:

A recent family photo:)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Feast of St. Francis!!! We were at the cathedral named in his honor yesterday. Please pray extra hard, St. Francis for your lovely family and for your intentions! I think I say this every time you post a photo of your daughter but I simply have to say it again--she has the brightest smile around!! I think the Holy Spirit smiles through her. So it seems. Your family photo is just perfect. It reflects such warmth and joy. Makes me want to praise God!! May He keep you all well and in His loving care, always:o)