Monday, December 20, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: Fourth Week of Advent


Outside My Window ... dark and chilly, 45 degrees.

***
I am listening to...Penguin's hockey game, baby monitor (praying Pearl goes to bed soon.  She really fought bedtime last night)

***
To Live the Liturgy...seeking quiet to welcome Him in. 

***
To be Fit and Happy...making some menu plans, resting when needed.  My body is still recovering and it's a little overwhelming right now.  But He is good and in this with me.
***
I am thankful for...dinner with friends the past three nights.  Good friends, oh such good friends.

***
From the kitchen ... ugh.  yucky smell in the fridge.  That got cleaned today.  Hidden leftovers in the back.  I hate when little containers get pushed behind juice bottles.  That was fun:)

***
I am wearing...un-matched pj's.  I am seriously lacking in the cool sleepwear department. 

***
I am creating ...peace and joy. 

***
I am reading...I have a HUGE book pile at the moment.  Of library books and present books.  Currently in:

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats

Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foods

Mortgage Free!, Second Edition: Innovative Strategies for Debt-Free Home Ownership

Everything I have in the pile is so interesting.  I'm hoping I can renew the library books because I'm relishing each one:)

***
I am pondering... how I can best help my body recover and the quiet time I seek as well.

***
I am hoping for...a good week ahead with family.

***
On Keeping Home...so many messes.  We're vaccuming everyday to keep up.

***
One of my favorite things ...good seafood.  I don't eat a lot ( I should eat more), but there are days when it really hits the spot.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:   Last Week of Advent and Christmas!!  Everything revolves around this.

Oh!  My friends who delivered early came home yesterday with the baby!!!!  He is doing great; thank you for your prayers.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you have more great books in your pile this week! WIll look forward to hearing how the new cookbooks strike you as I saw Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foods posted over at Shower of Roses blog a few weeks ago, too. There is so much out there that has crept into the food supply...