Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ... a cool day filled with sunshine.


***

I am listening to...Dora the Explorer. 



***


To Live the Liturgy...Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas tomorrow and Mass this weekend with our Parish.  We're on sound ministry:)

***


To be Fit and Happy... Staying on top of my vitamins, shots and exercise throughout the week.  Getting the rest I need and not feeling bad about it.

***


I am thankful for...my husband who made dinner last night.  Tasty and such a treat to let him make it with Pearl as his sous chef.

***

From the kitchen ... planning meals around a stocked freezer.  Need to use up rice, beans, shredded chicken.  We also got our produce delivery yesterday and the collards and lettuce should get used pretty quick.


***


I am wearing...still in pj's; think it's going to be cool today so I'll need to grab a sweater.


***


I am creating ...life.


***


I am reading...Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder


***


I am pondering... how to create some more organized spaces in our home. Living in 1000 sq. feet is tough. It really requires creativity to make this work. I am a borderline minimalmist while DH comes from a family of "keepers." (because you just might need it someday) So in order to blend these two into a peaceful living situation, we need to get better at organizing what we have, purging what we REALLY don't need and creating a system that makes us both happy. Hmmm....



***


I am hoping for...peace in my heart.


***


On Keeping Home...Going through room by room and making piles of what isn't being used.  I'm also trying to come up with ideas for more book storage.  Shelves, bookcases?  and where?


***



One of my favorite things ...comfy yoga pants. 


***


On the Screen...besides Dora for Pearl, DH and I have been watching Dhani Tackles the Globe.  We are big sports fans in general and this series is fun to see sports played in other countries.
.


***


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Playdate with a friend, birthday party for the whole family to attend, sound ministry at church.


***


Prayer Requests...for a health concern for myself and for a smooth recovery for a friend who just had surgery.  Thank you!



No comments: