Saturday, December 17, 2011

Lingering

That's what Pearl's cough is doing right now.  I don't think she is in need of antibiotics, but I don't like that it is still hanging on.  So natural cough syrup it is, putting garlic in everything, tea with honey, etc.

Princess and I are over ours but I did get a yucky bout of mastitus hit last week.  I was going to plow through, but then the flu like symptoms started with the fever.  So meds for me again.  Whew! 

This Advent has been a whirlwind for us.  Days flying by.  We have done a few things I wanted us to do like visit the live nativity in town, a few feast days...but the majority that I like to do has not happened this year.  With the ickies and a still new baby, I think we'll do better next year trying to get things in.  Pearl was asked to sing with the littles (3 and 4 year olds) before Christmas Eve Mass.  We won't be able to this year, but I'm hoping she'll want to do that next year too.

She is going around the house singing: Alleluia, Hosana, Ave Maria, and Jingle Bells.  Just those words over and over and over again.  She is doing much better with her Speech Therapy and it's fun everyday to hear her pronounce things better, try new words out and just tell me what's on her mind.  She is a hoot.

Princess is smiling so much.  We're aching for her to really laugh for us.  She has laughed in her sleep twice, but we all are trying hard to see what she thinks is funny:)  She also is trying desparately to sit up on her own.  So inquisitive.  She is doing great with her tummy time and lifting her head up lots.  She also figured out how to roll from her belly to her back.  It takes her by surprise every time, but we clap for her and then she smiles for us.

Life is super busy...whose isn't?  Days approach filled with family and friends we don't get to see too often.  Lots of fun!  Hopefully a visit from Pearl's godfather while he's on Christmas break from the Seminary.  I've got a few pictures to post a little later.

No comments: