Thursday, August 23, 2012

7 Quick Takes

1. We are home!  We took a month and a half and did a road trip out west this summer.  DH worked from the road and we were able to help and be in my SIL's wedding, attend a family reunion near Mt. Rushmore, get lots of family time in, drive ALOT-->Florida to Denver and back.



2.  Note to self: Next time we plan a long trip we need to use an RV.  The girls did great but it was stressful for Pearl everytime we packed up and moved locations every week.  She loved traveling but needed some stability.  I think an RV would provide that.  Everything is stable inside it's the ouside that changes:)

3. I have begun some sleep training with Princess.  She is almost 11 months and was nursing so much at night.  But not really hungry just wakeful each REM cycle.  So I've been reading The Sleep Lady on the recommendation of a friend and gradually eliminating some night nursings.  Right now we are down from 5 to 3.  That is awesome for us.

4. It is still wicked hot here in Fl.  We had some hot weather out in Denver while traveling for about 2 weeks, but there were also weeks of cool weather and one night in South Dakota while we were camping that it dropped to 48 degrees.  Blissful!



5. Pearl is doing better with attitude. Granted not much, but we are working together on using strong voices and not whining voices, using sweet tones, paying full attention (mostly mommy), getting adequate sleep (she is still needing a nap twice a week), and getting lots of outdoors time (which is tough in this heat).  Though as it cools it will be much more fun outside.



6. I've ripped most of the garden up, save for the jalapeno plant and my bell peppers.  Next up is to till and then let the soil rest till mid sept. when I will re-plant.  I will be starting a few seeds though to get ready for Sept transplanting.

7. While traveling I had the opportunity to attend the Denver Home Educator Conference.  It was awesome!  Such a treat to hear great talks.  I even got to meet Jen over at Wildflowers and Marbles.  Lovely! Her blog is one that always nourishes and inspires me:)



PS: Princess started walking while we were on the road.  A week before she turned 10 months.  Crazy.  She is an eager beaver.

1 comment:

Kim said...

YAY! An update! :D :D :D I'm so jealous you were able to meet Jen! I wanted to go to the Denver conference so badly but we just couldn't do it. Blah!

For some reason your blog never updated in my feed reader ... time to figure out WHY!