Saturday, March 2, 2013

Early March Daybook


Outside My WindowA cold weekend in the works, but clear and sunny.  Bundling up and playing outside.

I Am Thinking: About the impending conclave. Come Holy Spirit!  Fun interactive guide!

Attitude of Gratitude: Grateful for so many sweet moments this week between my girls.  Lots of loving.  Perhaps our sacrifice jar has played a part in motivating this:)

In the School Room: We started IEW's PAL program and are working at Pearl's pace.  Really working on handwriting.  Lots and lots of read-a-louds.  We've a pile of Lent/Easter/Spring books pulled aside and our library stack is obscene....In a good way.  But I'm looking at getting a rolling cart to use since my largest canvas bag is starting to feel the weight.  That and my shoulder.






Celebrating the Liturgical Year: We are doing Stations of the Cross with our playgroup this upcoming Friday.  Our parish offers Stations in the evening which is little late for families with young children.  Remedy--we'll facilitate our own during the day.  Upcoming: Celebrating as a family --St. Patrick and St. Joseph, doing a Holy Thursday Tea with the playgroup, and then delving into Holy week and Easter activities.

From the Kitchen: Working from the pantry and freezer this week

Sunday: Baked Potato, Broccoli and Bacon Soup
Monday: Roast Chicken, rice and veggies
Tuesday: Noodle NIght
Wednesday: Refried Beans and Rice Burritoes
Thursday:Leftovers
Friday: Baked Salmon, Rice and veggies
Saturday: Dinner with extended family

I Am Working On: My Lenten Cleaning List.  Making progress though DH's office is my nemesis.  So much filing to do.

I Am Creating: game plans--for school, for house projects, for work.  Thinking about our goals as a family; writing out our "Family Mission Statement"

I Am Going: to the warehouse store this week.  It's been awhile and we need some staples.

I Am Hoping: to hear soon how several friends'/family's pregnancies are going.

I Am Praying: for some serious health concerns.  DH's uncle had his foot amputated this week.  For courage and healing with the rehab process.  Also for my cousin-in-law as he starts treatment for Leukemia.  Clay Will Rock This!  Will you join our family in pray?  Thank you.

I Am Reading: Family Building: The Five Fundamentals of Effective Parenting

Some new ideas to think about it.


Words to Ponder: On our Sacrifice Jar-"Do small things with great love" Bl. Mother Teresa

I Am Listening: To hockey game commentary

Around The House: That Lenten Cleaning List.  Sigh. The clutter is getting to me.  I need to cut emotional ties to some things and just pass it on.
Favorite Things: Flowers picked and brought by a special little boy.

This Week's Plans:
-Speech Therapy 2x
-trip to Warehouse store
-Stations of the Cross with playgroup
-prepare for visit with extended family

Glimpse Into My Day:

 Princess does this face often and it totally makes me think of Zoolander and "Blue Steel."


No comments: