Monday, November 5, 2007

Over the weekend

A little bit of a hiatus over the weekend. My monstrance cookies did not turn out as I would have liked. I think I did figure out a better way to make them though. What I would do differently:
-use sugar cookie dough and shape dough into small crosses (monstrance like shape)
-make an indentation in the top of the dough the size of a small coin
-while cookies are baking, melt white chocolate in a double boiler.
-when cookies are done, remove, and place white chocolate in the indentation on top.
-place cookies in the fridge for about 15 minutes to allow chocolate to cool and solidify.

I'll try that out next time I want to make cookies. I think it will work in theory, but I need to experiement to perfect them:

No pictures this time, but the next foray into creative baking will yield a photo.

No comments: