Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Meme

I've been tagged by Esther with another meme...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Generally I wrap presents.

2. Real tree or artificial? We are in a small space right now, so we use a mini-artificial tree. It's like our little Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? We put it up on the first day of Advent, and it is our Advent tree (with our advent prayer chain, pink and purple ornaments) until Christmas when it gets all the other ornaments and the prayer chain comes down.

4. When do you take the tree down? After Epiphany.

5. Do you like eggnog? No thank you.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was four I received a huge white stuffed bear. I named him "Gentle," and I pulled him around behind me. This was a little difficult since he was my size then.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, one that is very simple that stays on the bedside table year round, and my DH's that we use under the tree.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My sister. She is very worldly, so I like to take time and figure out what she will appreciate but also causes her to reflect a little.

9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A DVD that my brother had asked for..my parents mixed up the list.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? We mail cards to family and close friends, then I email a copy to others.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? A White Christmas.

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? October.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Gingerbread cookies.

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? It's so little, it needs the extra boost of color.

16. Favorite Christmas song? Adeste Fidelis

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We rotate between our families right now, but we'll probably be home next year.

18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Yup.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? We don't have one actually, but I grew up with a star.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? political correctness.

22. Best thing about this time of year? Family time.

Feel free to tag yourself and play along!


1 comment:

EC Gefroh said...

LOL on the worse gift :-)
Thanks for playing. I enjoyed reading your responses.