Monday, March 10, 2008

Movie Review



Seems like I wasn't the only one who watched "Becoming Jane" this weekend.
Jessica and Karen also had the same idea as me.

I truly enjoy all things Austen and so was intrigued when this movie was released. I did read a lot of reviews just so I knew that it was a historical drama (aka: not entirely accurate) and a little of what to expect as far as "too far."

There were scenes that I didn't think would be included (implied premarital encounter and the debauchery of English "gentlemen"), but the ending is what really made this movie for me. I would recommend it, if only for the ending. To see a character do what was right...not easy or the happy ending, but morally right, was very rewarding.

2 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

I just ran across your blog through the link! Thanks! :) You have a lovely blog.

As far as the movie, I agree that it was great to see the character making the right choice in the end... I just really wish they could have left out a few scenes, starting from the very beginning. It could have been a great family movie. It really shouldn't have been rated PG, imho.

Have a wonderful week! God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

Must take a look..