Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Monday, March 2nd, 2009

Outside my window...are people fighting rush hour traffic.

I am thinking...about tasks that need to get done today.

I am thankful for...my slow cooker. They are amazing and I seem to have developed a new found appreciation for it.

From the kitchen...

Monday: "Clear Out Soup", bread, salad (using up odds and ends of leftovers in order to clear out the fridge)
Tuesday: Pasta Night
Wednesday: Black Beans and Rice, green salad, applesauce
Thursday: leftovers (DH with Men's group)
Friday: Fish Filets, rice pilaf, green beans

I am wearing...grey sweats.

I am creating...a lenten prayer rhythm.

I am going...to Office Max later to print out copies of my presentation.

I am reading...nothing at the moment. Putting resources away and clearing the clutter. I hope to pull one of my lenten favorites later this week.

I am hoping...to have us packed by Saturday. We are planning a quick visit to see some family and my best friend, Sr. Giovanna Mariae will be visiting her family at the same time!

I am hearing...Pearl playing on her play blanket. She likes to make squeak noises when she plays with her farm animals.

Around the house...Laundry piles, including diaper laundry, DH's schoolwork, my research books to put away, cabinet locks to install.

One of my favorite things...strawberry season! My breakfast included leftover strawberry shortcake:)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Get copies printed for presentation, presentation on Wednesday, help DH get ready for school weekend, get us packed and ready to go, start planning my spring cleaning routine.

A Picture Thought I Am Sharing:


Pearl visiting with her godfather, on break from the Seminary. He came up for Ash Wednesday and it was such a joy to see him. Pearl had fun playing with his beard:)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Awww, cute! Elise loves to play in Greg's beard. :)