Monday, May 18, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Monday, May 18, 2009

Outside my window...very overcast. The summer rains are upon us. Time to take stock of our hurricane supplies and see what else needs to be readied.

I am thinking...about letters to be written this week. May is a big birthday month for our extended family.

I am thankful for...a lovely visit with a dear friend yesterday. She always calls me on and encourages me in the pursuit of holiness.

From the kitchen...menu-planning. I need to do a fridge/freezer overhaul and see whats on hand and get a little more creative. Now that school is out and we will be home most of the summer, I hope to stick to our plans a bit more.

I am wearing...brown boho skirt, aqua tee

I am creating...to-do piles based on timelines.

I am going...to take back library books today and then settle in for the afternoon rain.

I am reading...my address book. I got a new one and I'm trying to update everything.

I am hoping...that DH gets a nap later; I think he needs it.

I am hearing...the washer.

Around the house...towels and swimsuits from yesterdays foray to our neighborhood swimming hole.

One of my favorite things...Stanley Cup Playoffs. Go Pens!

A few plans for the rest of the week: call Pearl's godfather to plan a visit, homemaking tasks, prepare for my mother to visit us over the long weekend.

A Picture Thought I Am Sharing:


No comments: