Thursday, July 16, 2009

CVS Photo Book

As noted in MoneySavingMom this week, the CVS deals listed purchasing a photo book and getting some ECB's back. I was super excited about this because I wanted to make a book for friends of ours.

So off to CVS, Pearl and I trooped to upload and arrange a photo book. I didn't find the right option, but the attendant assured me that the closest one would suffice and be suitable for the deal. We proceeded and placed the order. Left for home and afternoon tasks before returning in the evening to pick up the book.

When the cashier rung it up, it was 3 dollars more than what I supposed, so I asked her to clarify the price. She said the book I did wasn't eligible.

Sigh.

I knew this was going to happen.

I explained the ineptitude of the previous employee and she called the manager to adjust my price accordingly. So that was adjusted to make sure I got the ECB's. What a hassle! So then I get home and look at the book.

My mistake. I should have looked at it there in the store. It wasn't even bound!!! Loose pictures came out.

At this point I was getting seriously peeved. I know it's a deal, but the quality of the product still needs to be sufficient.

This morning we headed back to CVS to see what they would do. The attendant was a bit put off that the previous employee didn't do what he was supposed to do and created this mess for us. The same manager was in and was also upset that the workmanship wasn't up to par. So they rebound it and we were good to go.

A little trifling to be sure, but I think we'll go back tomorrow and attempt another book. This time for us.

No comments: