Monday, July 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ...clouds are moving in for the afternoon rains

***

I am listening to...the dryer.

***

To Live the Liturgy...We attended early Mass on Sunday so Pearl could still get an AM nap in. We discovered that she likes to play and chew with my cord and wooden rosaries. So when she starts to get slightly fussy (mainly during the homily), we pull those out and she's pretty good the rest of Mass.

***

To be Fit and Happy...walks, swim time and dance party--whatever the weather dictates.

***

I am thankful for...Goodwill and consignment shops. I found two very nice polo shirts that work great for me at the Goodwill and when I stopped at the Consignment shop this week, I found lots for Pearl. I've been looking for a party dress for some upcoming weddings and a fleece sleeper for a trip on North later this winter. Those plus a few other dresses for the Fall and I'm almost all set!

***


From the kitchen ...Trying out a cake recipe this week. Gotta practice before someone's first birthday in two weeks.

***

I am wearing ...Pink tee, brown flowy skirt, barefoot and hairdown:)

***

I am creating ...order in our home and peace in my soul as inspired by my current reading selection.

***

I am reading...Graced and Gifted by Kimberly Hahn.

***

I am hoping for...the cleaning fairies to stop by house this afternoon. I'll direct them to the kitchen.

***

On Keeping Home ... Some serious cleaning to be done when we return from visiting my mother.

***

One of my favorite things ...bouncy rubber balls

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Off to visit my mama, dinner with family, visiting my second cousin, and a friend's bridal shower this weekend (Pearl is staying with DH as the party is at a Tea room. Toddlers and fine china don't mix well).



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd like to think if I lived close by I would be a little cleaning fairy today and surprise you. Since I live a million miles away I'll just have to say I hope you get a good dance party in. That sounds so fun!