Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook--Tuesday

Outside My Window ...blue skies with a few clouds. Looks lovely and cool, though I know it's pretty warm already. I LONG for Fall weather.

***

I am listening to...Pearl finishing her breakfast and playing with her sippy cup.

***

To Live the Liturgy...I'd like to get us to daily Mass sometime this week, if possible. We're also celebrating Mary's Birthday today!

***

To be Fit and Happy...No more swim time due to Pearl's eczema, but some walks planned and perhaps a trip to the park.

***

I am thankful for...budgeting. really. It's hard, but it's good to sort through priorities.

***


From the kitchen ...Lots of leftover beans and ham which will be made into soup for tonight. Some zucchini to be used up; looking for a wheat free recipe so Pearl can have some too.

***

I am wearing...brown skirt with teal top.

***

I am creating ...order in my bedroom. It is way too cluttered so that has become the main project. I'm hoping that by steamlining some hot spots it will become more peaceful.

***

I am reading...lots of chunky board books with Pearl and Your Vocation of Love by Agnes Penny for myself. Just arrived from PaperBackSwap!

***

I am hoping for...the time needed to accomplish some key tasks.
***

On Keeping Home ... I loved my recent reading selections about organizing and maintaining a home. It's been actually very reflective for me spiritually. The process of de-cluttering, organizing, cleaning, maintaining...so applicable to more than just my home, but my heart as well.

***

One of my favorite things ...Family time! Yesterday we went to Chick-Fil-A for 3 free sandwiches since we wore our Steelers and Penguins shirts, then we headed to a local park where Pearl played on the slides and swings. In the evening we hosted a dinner for a few friends and a newish baby (2 months). Fun!





***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Projects in the heart of my home, Dentist appts., help DH with Men's group meal, DH's company "Family Fun Day" at DisneyQuest.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

check out this site for gluten-free recipes: http://www.5dollardinners.com/

she does lots of gluten-free stuff since her boys don't eat gluten and maybe dairy as well. plus $5! i haven't tried many things, but they usually look pretty good.