Monday, February 15, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ... The sun is shining brightly with the forecast to hit near 70. Tomorrow's temps should be a little colder.

***

I am listening to... The dryer running and DH on a conference call. Pearl is taking an early nap as the grands tired her out.

***

To Live the Liturgy...Entering into Lent this week!

***

To be Fit and Happy...Hopefully some clear days for some long walks, some playground time, and possibly some workout videos for me.

***

I am thankful for...my in-laws visiting this weekend. We had a great time playing with Pearl, taking them to our favorite bbq joint, and talking about our house hunting.

***


From the kitchen ...

Monday: Chicken StirFry
Tuesday: Pancake Night
Wednesday: Beans and Rice (Ash Wednesday)
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Vegetable Soup with Grilled Cheese
Saturday: Slow Cooked Porkchops, Baked Potatoes, and Veggies
Sunday: (A new recipe)

One of my clean up tasks for the 40 Day Challenge is to go through my cookbooks and loose recipes and pare down to what I really use and enjoy. I'm hoping that this week will lend itself to uncovering some fun new recipes to try.


***

I am wearing...jam covered khaki's (thank you, Pearl), navy blue polo, and navy crocs.

***

I am creating ...clean spaces. Re-grouping after the in-laws.

***

I am reading...The Coupon Mom's Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bills in Half. Just another one of my recent finds at the library:)

***

I am hoping for...some time to catch up on reading.

***

On Keeping Home ... Two bags to Goodwill this week. Of course I totally forgot to take a photo! But two bags down. I'm continuing in the kitchen at this time and then will move into the Master Bedroom and Bath. Watch out hubs!

***

One of my favorite things ... getting up a little earlier than the others and getting my game plan together for the day.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

We will transition Pearl into the Toddler Storytime session starting this week. We're also looking forward to some baby-sitting this weekend and hopefully lining up some more houses to look at.

***

A photo I'm sharing:

Pearl out for a walk with the Grands.



No comments: