Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Quick Takes

1. We still have holes in the Drywall and ripped up floors in the kitchen. Could be my emotional state right now, but I told DH that we are calling TODAY to find out when they would be repaired.

2. My mama is coming to visit for the weekend! Very excited to have a weekend with her. She will be joining us for some house hunting adventures and all around good times.

3. Today is the Feast of St. Joseph. It is a Solemnity, so treat it as a Sunday:) Since St. Joseph is the patron of Fathers and a special saint for DH, I asked him to pick out a special meal. He requested Spinach-Broccoli Lasagna for dinner tonight and Pearl was super excited I picked up Marshmallows and Rice Krispies at the store. I'm seeing Rice Krispie treats topped with Red Gumdrops in honor of St. Joseph.

4. We had an excellent play date yesterday despite the chilly start. Lots of playground fun, snacks, and coloring pages for St. Joseph, Shamrock stencils for St. Patrick, and lovely chats with my friend, Sonia, while the kids were playing. She mentioned an excellent resource, "Abandonment to Divine Providence." Even more awesome was finding it available to read for free online.

5. While we were visiting my in-laws last weekend we used disposable diapers. Pearl slept through the night fine. Wow! But home again, she wakes twice through the night. I'm trying to come up with a new system with her clothies of keeping her dry since I think that's why she wakes. She still nurses before bed. Don't want to stop that, but need to help her sleep better. Hmmm.

6. I had such a hard time sleeping last night and decided to finally just get up early and greet the day. Hope that's a fluke.

7. Unfortunately I think Pearl is suffering from the same thing as I hear her now stirring and fussing in her room. Guess it will be an early morning for us all. Happy Friday!



No comments: