Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: Early May

Outside My Window ... A little cloudy, but hot. Temp's say low 90's. We're headed to the park later today to celebrate with some new college graduates. We'll be packing sunscreen and hats!

***

I am listening to... DH eating lunch.

***


To Live the Liturgy...Daily Mass on Wednesday with our Parish. Also this Friday is the groundbreaking for our Parish Campus. Hurray!

***

To be Fit and Happy...Pool season is starting soon. I recently acquired this book to help Pearl get more comfortable in the water.

***


I am thankful for...A renewed sense of purpose, Confession, Grace, reestablishing connections, yeah a whole of lot of stuff today to be grateful for.

***

From the kitchen ...

Monday: Haluska with sausage and sides of applesauce
Tuesday: BBQ with the Seniors
Wednesday: Beef Roast with Squash Casserole
Thursday: Chicken, Roast veggies and rice
Friday: Going Away Party for a friend joining FOCUS


***

I am wearing...plaid bermuda shorts, magenta tee, and tennis shoes. I'm ready for the BBQ:)

***

I am creating ...Simplicity in my home and my heart. (Picked up a copy of Simplicity Parenting this weekend from the library)

***

I am reading... See above.

***

I am pondering...sub-fertility, infertility, and fertility.

***

I am hoping for...Holy energy.

***

On Keeping Home...Definitely working on Simplicity, also trying to get things together to compare quotes for new kitchen cabinets.

***

One of my favorite things ...when Pearl jumps on me to hug me so tight and smother me with kisses.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

BBQ with the Seniors, continue watching the NHL playoffs (we are such Hockey nerds), park playdate, Parish groundbreaking event, going away party to attend, welcome home party to attend, help at Parish with Sound ministry and to promote Theology of the Body class offered this summer.

A picture thought I am sharing:

Our attempt at a family photo from the wedding this past weekend.



2 comments:

Kim said...

Any chance you could review Simplicity Parenting when you're done? My local library doesn't carry it and I'm iffy about buying it from Amazon. :D

Nicole Bradica said...

Will Do!