Monday, October 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ... Still rather warm here. The skies are clear, so we'll probably play outside for a bit this afternoon.
***

I am listening to...traffic outside. I was hoping to listen to some chant, but my ipod isn't playing. Hmm. Remedied! Looks like someone knows how to put the lock on.

***

To Live the Liturgy...We'll head to Mass this Wed. with our parish and hope to also attend Tuesday night with the students from the Campus Ministry.

***

To be Fit and Happy...I am looking at purchasing a workout DVD in the near future, but in the meantime lots of walks.

***

I am thankful for...reminders to slow down and cherish every moment.
***

From the kitchen ... coming up with Fall menu plans in hopes that the weather will cool down. I long for soups and casseroles.
***

I am wearing...by now it's bedtime so pj's it is.
***

I am creating ...Fall plans. How to celebrate the liturgical year, autumn traditions, family visits, etc.

***

I am reading...library books with Pearl. She likes the "Carl" books currently.

***

I am pondering...what changes we can make to our lifestyle to be better stewards of our "time, talent, and treasure."

***

I am hoping for...some tomatoes soon from the new plant we started for the Fall. There are quite a few big ones but they haven't turned red yet. Weird.

***

On Keeping Home...Taking time outs to tidy throughout our day. Learning the habit of putting things away after you are through with them.

***

One of my favorite things ...when my hair is brushed by someone other than me or scalp massages. I have never regained full depth of feeling in part of my scalp due to the nerves being cut during one of the surgeries. So the scalp massage really helps alleviate those tingles.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Library to exchange some books, dinner at friends, playdate with our church group, possibly stopping by the Campus Ministry party this weekend, and some medical tests this Thursday.

If you would say a prayer for me I would really appreciate it! Prayers for peace and trust in whatever the outcome. Thank you!


No comments: