Monday, October 25, 2010

Through the Year With Mary

Karen Edmisten's latest book, Through The Year With Mary, is a gem! Short and concise, it is a collection of quotes about our Lady and a short reflection for each day of the year.

This is a book I want to keep on the Dining Room table, so we can read the day's quote with our breakfast and start our day thinking about Mary; drawing close to her, who in turn will draw us closer to Her Son.

The introduction sucked me in. I read it, internalized it, and realized that like her I came tentatively to Our Lady, but more and more turn to her and ask for her prayers. In particular, for the graces needed to mother my children, to be a good helpmate, and to live out my vocation in joy and love.

On the back of books, oftentimes there are comments by people connected to the author in some way. Jennifer Fulwiler of Conversion Diary blog contributed one of these that is my thoughts exactly, "Daily quotes powerful enough to ponder for hours, yet brief enough to read amidst the hustle and bustle of daily life."

Since receiving this book, I've definitely been pondering!

This review was written as part of the Catholic Book Reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Through The Year With Mary and be sure to check out their great selection of baptism gifts while you are there. I received nothing but a free copy of the book in exchange for my opinion of it.

No comments: