Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window ... squishy. It rained a lot yesterday, so today will be very damp.

***

I am listening to...quiet. Got up early for some prayer time.

***

To Live the Liturgy...Probably Mass on Wednesday at our Parish. The Advent Penance Service is also Wednesday evening. St. Andrew's Feast Day is today, so we'll have a special treat and special prayers.

***

To be Fit and Happy...No more caffeine. I over did it during Thanksgiving week and now I'm hurting trying to cut back. So we'll ease back into de-caf. life. But I have a new stash of de-caf. tea all ready for me. I will also be easing back into exercise as my body heals and my energy levels pick back up.

***

I am thankful for...so much. Getting laundry done after a long trip, friends that continue to pray for me, surprise phone calls from best friends in the Convent, Christmas ornaments, Advent prayers, broccoli casserole, hockey games, long and energetic hugs by a 2 year old, worn rosary beads, a hot cup of tea with a friend (though by email:)

***

From the kitchen ... Made a turkey pot pie last night for dinner. Still more for lunch today. Tonight's dinner will be a roast with carrots and potatoes, side of roasted brussel sprouts.

***

I am wearing...cozy fleece robe.

***

I am creating ...clean laundry piles to be put away.

***

I am reading...In Conversation with God by Francis Fernandez for my Advent reading

***

I am pondering...1) whether to put socks on or not, 2) My "New Year Resolutions" that I make at the beginning of Advent, 3)where to put some new books we received.

***

I am hoping for...the laundry to be caught up today.

***

On Keeping Home...hmm, seems to be revolving around the laundry. Also, setting up an Advent display and trying to remember where I put our Advent wreath.

***

One of my favorite things ...our Christmas ornaments. We have a set that depict the 12 days of Christmas. They are just beautiful and paper mache, so Pearl can't break them. Excellent!

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Celebrating the Feast of St. Andrew today, Library, Park time, playdate with the Church group, Advent Penance Service, order the last few presents for my SIL's package, start Christmas card preparations (so behind this year), a few Advent activities with Pearl.


No comments: