Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Needs and Wants

So I started a registry to keep track of what we need to get ready before Princess makes her arrival most likely in September.

I basically came down to the fact that the only thing we NEED is a second car seat. 

While my cloth diapers have some wear and tear and I'd like to replace a few, they probably could hold up another round.  Most of Pearl's clothes are still good to go; there are just a few that are too holey.  We have everything else that we could need like slings, teethers, our co-sleeper, etc.

I still put some things down that I think it would be nice to get or like to get, but really only NEEDING one thing is pretty awesome.

Princess's godmother wants to do a shower for us, but I'm thinking of having a "Shower Bee."  By that I mean having a bunch of friends get together one afternoon and help me make some shirts for the girls.  I plan to find some solid colored onesies and tops so we can make fun "sister shirts."  Ideas so far for fun shirts include their name saint shirts, scripture verses, big and little sister shirts, and cute images.  I think it will be a lot of fun, a little unconventional, but a sweet throw back to when women gathered and helped out on a project.  We get to visit and be industrious:)  I'm really looking forward to it. 

If you have any fun ideas for the shirts, let me know....I can follow directions pretty well, but I'm not the "idea person" usually. lol.

No comments: