Monday, May 16, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook: Middle of May

Outside My Window ... is a day dawning bright and full of heat.  The crepe myrtle trees are swollen and just about ready to burst into bloom.  These are my favorite trees in the south and I can't wait!


***



I am listening to...the whir of the living room fan, some morning traffic outside, an airplace overhead.


***



To Live the Liturgy...this Wednesday, we will celebrate our Mary Crowning after daily Mass.  Our church playgroup also has their Resurrection Egg Hunt scheduled for that day.  I need to make sure we have all our supplies and are ready to go.  This weekend I get to go on a much anticipated RETREAT!!  So excited.


***


To be fit and happy...stretching, pregnancy work-out video, pool time, lots of walking, keeping up with Ms. Pearl...


***


I am thankful for... a weekend filled to the brim with friends :)  Several parties and all around awesome time visiting with dear ones who live or about to live far away.


***



From the kitchen ... Hmm...good question.  I'd like to eat more from the freezer this week, but definitely need to come up with a game plan.



***



I am wearing..."taking care of the house" clothes.  Comfortable yoga pants and a tank top. 


***


I am creating ...a list of items we'll need for this princess' arrival in the Fall.


***


I am reading... Plato. No, seriously.



***



I am pondering...what topic to cover in my class's writing assignment. Hence, the reading of Plato.


***


I am hoping for...Holy Energy.  Seems to be on my prayer list everyday.




***


On Keeping Home...Lots of tidying today. Whenever we have company there is a pre-clean and a post-clean. We'll be vacuuming and putting things away today. Perhaps a grocery trip as well. For sure laundry catch-up.



***



One of my favorite things ...hearing that Pearl behaved so nicely in my abscence.


***



On the Screen...We received Secretariat to watch which should be fun.  Also was recommended "Word World" for Pearl, so we might take a look at that this week.



***



A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Getting the house back in order, Church playgroup activities, and preparing for my retreat.



***



I am praying for...Several friends who have just told me they are expecting and also for friends that just told me they are hoping to conceive. 


***


A photo thought I'm sharing...While I got to attend a sweet baby shower for a friend, DH took Pearl out with some of the other Dad's and kids and they all had an afternoon at the park followed by a late lunch.  Everybody had a blast!





No comments: