Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Monday Daybook


Outside My Window: A cool spring evening. The season is definitely changing.  We went from really cold and only had that brief window I enjoy so much of true Spring weather.  It is now moving decidedly into hot.

I Am Thinking: About gardening and all it's facets.  About the spiritual similarities and the encouragement it gives me in creating a virtuous life.

Attitude of Gratitude: Alleluia!  He is Risen!  For the gift of my salvation. For having friends join us for Easter dinner. Sweet fellowship amongst the littles and the bigs.

In the School Room: This week we focus on "Spring"books with our Little Saints curriculum...

Celebrating the Liturgical Year: ... but we also continue our Easter themed books and we started our Garden of the Good Shepherd calendar.  We started this with Pearl last year, and she was so excited when she saw it out on the table Easter Sunday:)






From the Kitchen

Sunday: Easter Dinner--"Heavenly" Eggs, cheese and crackers, spinach artichoke dip with bread or sweet potato chips, asparagus, bacon wrapped green beans, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, broccoli rice casserole, Standing Rib Roast, Rolls, Namaste Spice Cake Easter Egg brownies, Apple Pie--We fed a lot of people at our house and  had enough leftovers to bless a family today where both parents have the flu.  Way to multiply the leftovers, Lord!
Monday:Leftover mashed potatoes for 2, sweet potatoes for 2, roasted cabbage, bacon, strawberries and coconut ice cream
Tuesday: Grilled chicken, steamed green beans, rice, salad
Wednesday: Spaghetti and meatballs with veggies
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: picnic dinner--sandwiches, chips, fruit and veggies
Saturday:chicken in the crockpot. Enough to feed my in-loves who will be visiting.






I Am Working On: Budgets and a Goal list (ie: debts to pay off, items to save for and future trips cost assessments)

I Am Creating: a Little Flowers Girls Club.  Hopefully to start this Fall.  I need to gather a list of supply needs and costs to get started, but we have a group of interested girls.

I Am Going: swimming soon. I actually went and got a new bathing suit.  All my old ones were too loose.  Surprising to say but true.
 
I Am Hoping: for another baby blessing.  We started hoping at the beginning of the year so we'll see.  We have a track record of long waits.  Pearl started praying for another baby and when I asked her about it, she said she specifically told God she wants a brother because "the boys do what I tell them to do..." Sigh. Actually this is quite true.  When she is playing with her boy-friends they either play the way she wants or they go away.  The girls stand there and argue how the game should be played:)

I Am Praying: for our friends to recover from the Flu, for other friends who are grieving the loss of another baby to miscarriage, for our Godchild, and for our family intentions.

I Am Reading: Oh the book pile is too big.  I can't buy or check out any new books till I finish what I have.  Seriously!  I haven't found time to read yet, but my energy levels are coming back so I'm hopeful!  (Hurray new vitamins!!)

Words to Ponder: "Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I Am Listening: the whirring of our ceiling fan.  Thinking about the need for some insulation above this part of the house before it gets super hot. 

Around The House: Cleaning up from the Easter party, 4 loads of laundry, leftovers, fresh flowers,   new-to-me dresser to clean and install in our bedroom. Finally my own dresser! I can take down the unsightly crates I've used since we were married. Um, almost 7 years...
 
Favorite Things: gardening, book wish lists, finding great finds at our local Book Warehouse for cheap, little girls in Easter dresses with new white sandals, Easter dinner menu's, egg hunt for kiddos and their friends.

This Week's Plans:
-put things back into order around the house
-start Garden of the Good Shepherd for the Easter Season,
-complete the new-to-me-dresser project
-hopefully set up a trip to a theme park near here.  Hoping things work out as a surprise for the girls.
-get back into reading time
-continue with new exercise routine.  Making it a habit!

Glimpse Into My Day:
Easter Baskets 

Smiling Sisters 

Looked at the wrong camera:)  But sweet on the steps 

 I love that DH got this shot.  Pearl's sweet surprised face when we got home from Church and she saw her basket filled.
Oh, that smile... 

Our sacrifice beans turned into Jelly Beans Easter Sunday.  Some little girls are quite happy.


The green beans (top of the wire) and sunflowers (below the wire) both sprouted this weekend. 

No comments: