Friday, November 15, 2013

November Daybook

Outside My WindowIt will be a windy day today; which thankfully will keep the temperature rather reasonable for this time of year.  Still not cold yet though.

I Am Thinking: about what I want to get done today.  I am having an "in-service" day with a dear friend.  She is taking the girls today so I can get some projects done.  Now if I can fine tune my list:)

Attitude of Gratitude: In the midst of more squabbles between the girls lately there have been some super sweet moments as well.  Cherishing those.  I have pink carnations on the ledge by the kitchen sink and they have been going strong for two weeks now.  They brighten my day.

In the School Room: Seeing some progress with Pearl's Language Arts studies.  Moving along nicely and praying all things come together.  Also starting to make a list of items we will need for next year's 1st grade curriculum.  

Celebrating the Liturgical Year: This weekend we will celebrate the Feast of St. Elizabeth of Hungary.  One of our family's favorite saints.  Later in the month, we'll also begin our St. Andrew Novena and hopefully add some new elements to his feast.

From the Kitchen
Sunday: Stuffed Acorn Squash with Sausage and apples, green beans, salad.
Monday: Hearty Hamburger Soup
Tuesday: Beef Shoulder Roast, Baked Potatoes, and roasted broccoli
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken, Rice and Mixed veggies
Thursday: Leftovers (possibly made into a stir fry)
Friday: with extended family
Saturday: with extended family

I Am Working On: getting Christmas gifts figured out and purchased.  I'm normally ahead on this, but this year I am not at my usual speed.  Could be that morning sickness that is still lingering around.  Whew!

I Am Creating: our Advent calendar.  Plugging in activities, books to be read, and extra Feast Days to celebrate.

I Am Going: to visit my mom soon.  First visit since she has settled in her new assisted facility.  We'll see other family as well and could use all the prayers we can get.

I Am Praying: for a dear friend who just welcomed another baby saint into Heaven--for healing and comfort.

Words to Ponder: "Comparison is the Death of Contentment"

I Am Listening: to the roosters crowing across the street.  I don't notice them from our bedroom but when I come out to the living room, they are quite a ruckus in the early morning.

Around The House: Hiding Christmas presents from the girls and pulling out our Advent bin.
Favorite Things: pulling out the Advent bin:)  I can't wait!

This Week's Plans: visit with my mom, help her with a Dr's appt, see some other extended family, finalize plans for Thanksgiving and our goddaughter's baptism.

Glimpse Into My Day:




No comments: