Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook--Nightime Edition

Outside My Window ...night settles in.

***

I am listening to...the AC whistling.

***

To Live the Liturgy...We had a great homily this morning. As is the case anywhere you are, they can be hit or miss. Father talked about the Eucharistic Discourses that we have been following and played upon the sensual imagery in the first reading. He made the point of how all the images we have been reflecting are about food and nourishment. My favorite line was when he said that it was "deliciousness for the soul."

***

To be Fit and Happy...hopefully some swim time this week. We're expecting some storms to hit this upcoming weekend, so gotta get it all in.

***

I am thankful for...budgeting. really. It's hard, but it's good to sort through priorities.

***


From the kitchen ...Leftover beef roast will be used up in fried rice tomorrow; Leftover chicken will be made into Chicken enchiladas on Tuesday, and experimenting with a new recipe for a Beef and Vegetable casserole on Wednesday.

***

I am wearing...already in my pj's about to try and catch some zzzzz's.

***

I am creating ...order in our home and peace in my soul as inspired by my current reading selection.

***

I am reading...Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern

***

I am hoping for...some restful sleep.
***

On Keeping Home ... I love my current reading selections about organizing and maintaining a home. It's been actually very reflective for me spiritually. The process of de-cluttering, organizing, cleaning, maintaining...so applicable to more than just my home, but my heart as well.

***

One of my favorite things ...Good News! We've been praying for a friend's sister who was diagnosed with cancer. Things are looking much better than originally thought. Praise God!!

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Projects in the heart of my home, getting ready for my mama to visit this weekend, get DH ready for a business trip, Diocesan meeting this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Deliciousness for the soul!" I like that:o) Happy Sunday to you and have a blessed week.