Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Saving Money at the Pharmacy

Yesterday Pearl and I headed to CVS and Walgreens. This is what we got:



At CVS I purchased:

Carefree Pads x 2
Price: $1 (in-store sale); used 2 $1/1 coupons
Total: FREE

Crest ProHealth Toothpaste
Price: $3.50(get $3.50 back in ECB's); used $.75/1 coupon)
Total: FREE plus overage

Kotex Pads
Price: $4.99 (get $5 back in ECB's); used $2.50 off Kotex pads CVS printable coupon and a $1 off Manufacturer's coupon)
Total: FREE plus overage

At Walgreens I purchased:

EOS Shave Cream
Price: $2.99 (get $3 back in RR)
Total: FREE

Infusium Leave-In Conditioner
Price: $4.99; used $2 off coupon from Walgreens May Coupon Book and a $3 off Manufacturer's coupon
Total: FREE

So it was a productive trip out! I wish "Free" meant free here, but in Florida we have the tax so they aren't totally free. But for a 54 cents I got the shave cream and conditioner. That's awesome. What I love about doing these kind of shopping trips is that by purchasing these items for free or almost free is that I can start a stockpile of donations to our local shelter.

If you haven't come across the MoneySavingMom site, do check this out!

1 comment:

Kim said...

NICELY DONE! Even with tax, it's a gazillion percent better than paying full price for them. :D

(Which reminds me, my stockpile is low on body wash and shaving cream - better get back on track for those).