Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Joy in the Mundane

Third week of Advent--Joy.

This is a week of Joy.  Joy that we are slowing down and enjoying one another and little Advent traditions.



Gratitude:

An Advent book (or two....or more) each day snuggled on the couch with my girlies.

Jesse Tree Ornaments and the readings that accompany them.

Love looking at our mantel and reflecting on our Year of Faith-Virtue Study.




Making a different kind of (gluten free) cookie each day this week to put on our Christmas Eve Cookie Tray




Taking our Christmas Card and candied almonds to the near by neighbors and visiting with each one.

Long sleeves and pants....we don't often get to wear cozy clothes here in Florida and I love the Fallish/Winter weather while we have it.

Lots of kicking from little man which is kinda neat during this Advent Season.  I've never been this pregnant during the Advent Season before, so a new experience.

Interesting Nativity set-ups

wrapping presents with DH and praying for those these gifts will be for.

An awesome new book I'm using each day--"Meditations on the Art of Waiting" by Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C.

The O Antiphons.  I LOVE these last few days before Christmas.  Seriously my favorite part of Advent and the little ways to make them special for our family. New Printable Prayer Companion for the O Antiphons.

And the little ways to care for our family--a week of scrubbing toilets and bathroom floors, scouring the kitchen sink, sweeping, straightening, etc.  As I tidy up our home and make it warm and welcoming for these dear ones snuggled close, I'm cleaning up the "stable" of my heart.  Trying to make room for the infant King who will soon be born anew in our lives.


No comments: